Procedure for Opening of NCC
Guidelines for Opening of NCC in an Institute (For exact procedures refer to the NCC Rules / Contact the Commanding Officer of the nearest NCC Unit)
1. Institutions desirous of having NCC are required to apply formally on the prescribed format duly completed (eight copies) to the CO of concerned nearest NCC Unit, where these forms are available. In case of the Private/Self Financing institutions,con currence should be endorsed at Ser 16 of the application form by the Sponsor / Head of the institution for bearing the financial implications.
2. Institution should fulfill the requisite pre-conditions are as follows :-
(a) Availability of students for enrollment.
(b) Availability of eligible teachers to be appointed as Associate NCC Officer. One ANO per school/college for Junior Division or Senior Division cadets.
(c) Availability of parade ground, storeroom for NCC.
(d) Short Range for firing in the vicinity.
(e) Supplementing financial resources (in case of Govt aided institutions). Private institutions are required to bear entire expenditure of the State’s share. Details will be available with nearest NCC Bn HQ.
3. The applications submitted by the institutions are scrutinized by the Unit and feasibility of raising NCC in the institution is also examined. On fulfillment of the conditions, the application is forwarded to Gp HQ for their recommendations. Gp HQ forwards the application to Dte with their recommendations endorsed on the relevant para of the application.
4 At Directorate level, in case of the State Govt aided institutions, the applications are forwarded to the State Govt for their commitment for bearing their share of the financial implications. Endorsement of the competent authority at para 16 of the applications is required in case of new raisings of NCC sub units. However, in case of withdrawal of NCC sub unit from one institution and it’s re allotment to another one, the endorsement of the State Govt is not mandatory. If no response is received from the State Govt within 30 days , it is presumed that the State Govt has no objection to the proposal of the withdrawal/ re allotment.
5. In case of the self financing institutions or the institutions sponsored by other than the State Govts (like Kendriya Vidyalayas, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Military Schools etc), the endorsement of the Head of the institution or the sponsor is required at para 16 of the application for the financial commitment.
6. Once the commitment to bear the financial implications is endorsed and the cadet strength becomes available, the Dte forwards the applications to NCC HQ for sanction of the raising.
7. This HQ scrutinizes the applications on the basis of criterion of waiting list seniority, endorsement for financial commitment for the State Govt / sponsor share, availability of cadet str etc, and on being found eligible, sanction is accorded and communicated to the Dte.
8. The Dte, in turn, communicates the sanction to concerned Gp HQ who in turn communicates to the Unit and after that the process of raising starts.
9. Dte can recommend out of turn sanction for prestigious institutions.